Saturday, September 22, 2007

PST Cuxhaven

PST Cuxhaven is our new name. PST stands for Pre-Ship Training and Cuxhaven is the port where we joined the ship. There are 46 of us from around the world joining the crew of the LOGOS II in Germany. The plan right now, is to be aboard her for about 6 weeks, then leave her for our new home the LOGOS HOPE.

Our pre-ship training has been filled with get to know you time, as well as practical training about safety and first-aid. I’m one of four Americans; there are also people from Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia, Mexico, Spain, Finland, Switzerland, Australia, Antigua, New Zealand, Korea, Sudan, Papua New Guinea and Albania.

My most challenging day so far has been Ministry Training Day. Yep, that’s code for mime! I don’t care much for acting, especially when you are imagining the scene. We learned a wordless play, about choosing God or the devil and what happens when you don’t pick one or the other. By the end of
the day I was having a better attitude and we learned a Scottish dance. I enjoyed the dance.

We recently visited the LOGOS II and were given a tour of ship and the different departments we can choose to work in. Everyone greeted us on deck waving flags and yelling for us!

I can’t wait to find out what my job on board will be. I have a “big sister” on board to show me the ropes, her name is Celina and she is from Brazil. She has been on board for a year and works in the program department, setting up conferences.

I’ll let you all know what my job is on board and more about the Hope when I write again.
Thanks for your prayers.
Joy Always.

No comments:

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter