Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Easter

Let us not forget that Christ is alive!
This past week found me in Vegas. I was excited to go, a little vacation to play, spend time with mom and visit my grandmother who was in the hospital recovering from cardiac/respiratory arrest. Upon arriving to the hospital it was clear this was not going to be a pleasure trip. Grammy was worse then either my mom or I could have imagined. It was time for her to "go home". After talking with the doctors we learned that she had been without oxygen for 30 minutes and that in the past week she had deteriorated. Though her eyes were open, she was not aware, her body was on autopilot. We made the decision to take her off life support on Wednesday (the day we were scheduled to leave Vegas) and on Saturday with my mom and her husband, Jim, by her side she peacefully left.
Death was a new experience for me. It made the fact that this world is not our home so much more real. That there is so much more to life to breathing. It was comforting to know that even though grammy's body was frail and failing, she was not suffering. She was home with her Father.
Let us praise God!
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter