Thursday, May 29, 2008

Leaving Kiel!

We are leaving Kiel!!! The ship is heading for dry dock in Sweden, and the ship's company will soon be following. Because the ship doesn't have her Passenger Certificate only 75 crew members can sail with her. So tonight, 100 of us will be having a "slumber party" as a local church then bussing to Sweden in the morning. It's exciting to be leaving a port we have called home for the past 9 months. Most of us joined the ships to bring the word of God to people around the world, it's neat to finally be leaving for another country.

While the ship is in dry dock there will be 10 land teams to 5 different countries sent out to work with churches and other Christian organizations. I'll be going back to Sweden, but this time to a city named Malmo. It has the one of largest immigrant populations in all of Europe. Please pray for team unity and opportunities for us to share Jesus with local youth.

All the teams will be rejoining the ship on June 17 in Koge, Denmark. While away I won't be able to check my gbaships.org address, but you can still email to it, or find me on Facebook.



I can't wait to tell you all what the future holds after dry dock. I still don't know the details, but hope to learn some plans when everyone rejoins the ship! In the meantime, I had a birthday and will share that with you in my next blog, along with photos.

No comments:

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter