Monday, June 9, 2008

Another Year Older


Nothing big was planned for my birthday. The events team I work with threw me a little party complete with funny videos and a cake. They wanted to put my face IN the cake, but they know me too well, so settled for putting my face ON the cake.
That evening I had dinner with some special friends. It was a Monday night, which meant "Monday Night Worship". I had expected to go out with a few friends after dinner, but they surprised me with a game.
I had to put on a blindfold, a silly hat and follow a string around the whole ship! What fun.... for everyone else. My friends were not very good leaders, as they let me bump into walls and strangers, who, along with their giggles, were wishing me Happy Birthday. The string lead me back to my own cabin and inside was confetti and friends waiting to surprise me.
It meant so much to celebrate with friends and have a good time. I told them their surprise party was great... but not quite as great as the one I had the previous year :)

No comments:

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter