Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fire Spinning

My roommate Mel, from Australia has a hidden talent.. she knows how to spin POI, also known as fire spinning. She's been teaching a group of us every Monday. I really enjoy it and it's something that not to many can do, but easy to learn. When enough of us get good, we hope to use it as a ministry tool, to open conferences and start conversations. I have video of me spinning the fire on my FACEBOOK account. But here's some pictures of me and the practice poi.

1 comment:

sara joy said...

this is the coolest thing ever! man, that will be an awesome ministry girl! can i come to the monday night classes? well, maybe when i'm less than 9 time zones away ;).

oh, and a question, which i forgot to add to your facebook question list: do you have to wear fire-retardant clothes or at least head-coverings when you practice poi?

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter