Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good-Byes

I just wanted to thank everyone who could come to my "bon voyage" party. It's been so encouraging to know I have so many people praying for me. I look forward to sharing so many stories with you all.
I keep telling myslef that I'm not going to miss anyone, it's only two years, I've been away before, but then I realize...this is going to be two years!! So much changes in that time. I'm excited to see the changes in everyone lives when I return. And also be able to look at my life and see all the changes God has made in me.
Please keep in touch, write lots of e-mails or snail mails. Keep me updated in you're lives as well. As you are praying for me, know that I am praying for you too!

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Ephesians 1:16

Just some things to know about mail,the ship (Logos Hope) that I will be living and working on for two years may possibly be going to some countries that are hostile towards Christianity, it is VERY IMPORTANT for none of the e-mails I send or receive to say anything explicitly about Operation Mobilization and the Logos Hope ministry being connected with missions or evangelism. Using these phrases could jeopardize OM’s ministry opportunities in these areas. Also, besides avoiding the words “mission” and “evangelism,” there are other key words or phrases that would be good to re-word, such as using the phrase “Good Word” for the Bible or saying “Our Father” instead of “God.” It will be challenging to learn “creative vocabulary,” but I would not want to be detrimental to OM’s ministry.

Also, snail mail can be mailed to the address below.

Jessica Edwards
LOGOS HOPE
Alte Neckarelzer Str. 2
D-4821 Mosbach, Germany

Once it is recieved in Germany they will send it to the port where the ship will be. It may take a month or more for a letter to get to me. To find out other specifications regarding mail, you can go to: http://www.logoshope.org/

Again, thanks to everyone that was able to to stop by the party. You will be missed. As soon as I find out what and where I'll be in the future I'll let you know. Please pray for safe travels to the Netherlands, and good team-building and productive training.



No comments:

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter