Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Time

Without realizing it, Christmas has sneaked up on me and soon another year will have past. It's amazing how fast time goes when you are busy focusing on other things. I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I pray that your holiday season is filled with the true meaning of Christmas, Christ coming to the earth to save us all. And I also pray that you make the most of your time with family and friends and the gift of fellowship.

Spending Christmas away from home is nothing new for me. But I'm really excited about all the different ways I get to celebrate Christmas this year. Last night a German family hosted a group of four of us and we were able to visit their home, have a home cooked meal and spend time in fellowship. (I get to do that again today with a different family.) For Christmas eve the ship has teamed with the local Salvation Army and we are helping with their annual homeless holiday meal. We get to decorate their hall, and also get to present a one hour international Christmas service. Please pray for the 80-100 homeless people that expected to turn up for the dinner. Following the program, and back on board the ship, the ship's company will have a special Ship Family Dinner and exchange gifts. On Christmas day I'll open my presents and it will be a day of relaxation, open cabins, and movies. (Sorry no Football coverage). The day after Christmas, more of us will be sent to homes to celebrate the holidays with local families. I don't know how big the after Christmas sells are here, but I might go take a look.
Christmas will be busy, but we will be busy serving the Lord, and in return being served by the people of Kiel. Christmas cards are on their way, I would blame the German post, but I didn't really get them in the mail on time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter