Wednesday, December 5, 2007

HOPE Floats

The day had arrived; the Hope would be sailing into the Ostseekai port. The Logos 2 community had all joined on the quayside to watch the HOPE come along side her new berth and greet missed friends with a dance. There were lots of cheers, laughs and dancing. The day was cold, but the joy and anticipation kept everyone warm. She was beautiful and eased into her berth with little effort. After waiting for the port authority to clear the vessel we were allowed onboard and met with long lost friends.
My first impression of the HOPE was “Stairs”! There is only one elevator and it’s a freight elevator. There are 40 steps down to my room. I live on deck 2. If I want to go to meals or the computer room it’s 55 steps up. If I want to go play darts that another 15 steps up. Going up and down the gangway is another 40. But whose counting?!
Honestly when I first saw the inside of the ship I was greatly disappointed. There is still so much that needs to be finished. There are two decks that are completely empty. Everyone in OM had made such a big deal about how much was finished and completed that I wasn’t ready for cabins without sinks, meetings rooms without carpet, a reception area without a desk. I could go on and on about how much we don’t have, but God reminds me of everything we do have!
We have a ship to impact the world for Christ. We have a place to sleep, a wonderful chef, and Internet connection. More importantly we have the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort us, and we have a community of believers to encourage and come beside us when we are felling overwhelmed or discouraged. Because I never saw the HOPE before she arrived in Germany, I can’t really appreciate all the changes that have taken place. I’m sure that if you ask me in a few months time, I’ll have a completely different view and I’ll be very appreciative of all the changes that I’ve seen and been a part of. But God is faithful and he had been comforting me and I’m feeling better about my new home.
I’m so grateful that I can be here involved with OM at this point in history. I hope that you all realize the adventure you have joined with me. Together we can look forward to lives that will be changed, the hope that will be given and the bibles that will be read because of this ship, her crew and God’s grace.
The Logos 2 from the bow of the Logos HOPE.

No comments:

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter