Tuesday, February 12, 2008

School's Out!... what now?


Friday, last week was my last day as a teacher. I am truly blessed to have had such a wonderful class. And I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the ship's community by spending time teaching the kids. I will miss my short workdays and the youthful energy that greeted me each morning, but there is still more ahead for me. What is my new job? I don't know yet.
After this week of transition where I hand over my class to the new (real) teacher, I will be training for another department. I've been asked to join the Line Up team. This will be a HUGE change and a big commitment. Please pray for me next week as I attended an orientation class and pray that I can see God's path clearly.

What is Line Up? The line up team is usually a group of 3 or 4 that go ahead of the ship and prepares a port for the ship's visit. This would include getting to know the local churches and pastors, doing PR, talking with government officials regarding customs and visas, we are responsible to find a berth and organize opportunities for ship company to minister on shore, as well as arrange on board conferences. As you can see this is a big job for just 3 people!! In March we have a team of 3 heading to England to start line up for one of the cities there; they plan to be there for 6 months.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do. I like the idea of Line Up and being involved in all the little details. But on the other hand, I would be leaving behind my friends here and having to work and live with the same 3 people for 6 months. The great thing is that God’s in control and he wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle.... maybe a little uncomfortable at times, but nothing I couldn't do with out Him.
Thank you for your prayers and support, especially this next week as I enter the unknown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Line up is definitely a big change from other ship jobs! I did line up in Southampton in 03/04, will LH be going anywhere near there? I loved England so much that I ended up living in London for a year after I left the ship. If you end up going I hope it's a great experience for you!

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter