Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ship Family Time


My Ship family had an opportunity to take the ship vans out for a day at the beach! It was a great time of bonding and relaxing. We headed to the North side of Trinidad to a beach named, Maracas Bay. It is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. It's famous for a local dish called "Bake n Shark". There a bunch of stands selling the food. It reminds me a lot of a shark taco, but instead of tortillas, they use a fried flat bread. It was awesome!
My ship family: Meyoung Ju (S. Korea), David & Jonathan (Sweden), Maddy (UK), Rahel (Swiss), Amanda & Me (USA), Andy & Micha (Germany), Holly, Jon, Nate, Zac & Gabe (USA/Australia), Lucio (UK), Annette (Jamaica)

Ship families are a group of people that meet once a week and hang out. Kinda like a real family, they are people that you enjoy spending limited time with, but not necessarily people that you spend everyday with. Ship families are also nice, because they give a steady unit of people who will celebrate important times in our lives.
For example, my "ship dad" had his birthday recently.
I'm pretty blessed, that my ship parents are actually my friends from home. My childhood friend Holly and her husband are my "mom and dad". For Jon's birthday we had Mexican food!!! It was feat but we pulled it off... meat and cheese from the ship, tortillas from Germany, enchilada sauce from Ireland, and comics from the US.

No comments:

Quick Updates

    follow me on Twitter